Sunday, October 15, 2006



Joshua Ryan

I had to have a long talk with Josh the other day. We were discussing the importance of responsibility and making sure you make the "good" choices when given any responsibility. Of course I used the story of his cousins and a unfortunate error of their ways, while sent to wait at the bridge for their mom who was only a few seconds behind them, they choose to venture further on down the creek. It only took Cara Lee 10minutes (yes that is a long time) or so to find them, but once she did she had a similar discussion with her boys. I was trying to use this example to help Josh understand. Anyhow I had told Josh their consequence to making this choice was they were no longer allowed to run ahead from Auntie when they are walking. He asked me a series of questions like, so no more races, do they have to hold onto the stroller, and on he went. I steered him back on topic of him and his choices and making sure he is a responsible boy. He knew his consequence was coming so he stopped me and said you know mom I thin that a good consequence for me is that I shouldn't be able to run ahead, ya you can take running away I am ok with that. Yes and on goes the life of Joshua Ryan Douglas, who's mother has banned him from running, yup only in his dreams!!!!
Caleb Jackson

If you want to get to know Caleb on a more personal level....DRIVE WITH HIM! You can ask his Auntie and Uncle they know best as every time he seems to be in a car with them he has a variety of suggestions for them to help improve their driving abilities. Ryan and I don't get to experience this commentary from him as he knows we are the "perfect" drivers, but we do get to here about other cars if they are passing us, as Caleb is all about winning and while in the car we are in a race of course. Makes you wonder hey, where does he get this competitive edge from? Me and Ry can't figure it out!



Abigail Grace

Then there is our little Princess! Auntie Nat asked me today if I notice a difference between the boys and Abby? Where do I start? Well she does like the star wars action figures but they are more likely to be seen having their face washed or being fed. She does like playing hockey but oh my goodness she has more attitude then anyone I have met. The best way to describe Abby is Miss Independent. She knows what she wants and how to get it, she is a women on a mission and watch out if you get in her way! But she really is cute ! She does have her first crush though, she is smitten with our friend Steve Kater! There are not too many people she will leave mom for but at the sight of Steve she will push, kick and wiggle her way away from me to get to him in a heartbeat! Steve you are a lucky man!

1 comment:

The Douglas Family said...

Do i have some attractive relatives or what!!!