Sunday, March 26, 2006

Barf-O-Rama!



Things are NOT so good here at the Douglas House! Everyone (except for Abby) Has had a touch of the flu. Ryan, Josh and Myself all had the stomach flu on Friday...it was horrible. Saturday was fine and I thought we may be in the clear. But at around 2am I was proven otherwise. Caleb woke up and had blessed the bed with his stomach contents. It wasn't too bad actually I was able to clean it up he didn't get too much on his bed so we were all good and back to bed by like 2:15! My eyes finally closed and I began to drift when I hear a HORRIBLE sound and Caleb crying....I ran into his room and he had done it again. This time there was no quick solution. I changed him again put all the bedding in the laundry and him and I lay on the floor in his room. I tried to give him some anti nausea medicine but of course as soon as he swallowed it, it came flying back out! After lying there for an hour and seeing that this was not passing we set up camp on the couch in front of the TV with a BIG bowl in hand. We stayed there til 7am! Caleb BARFED from 2am-6:30am every 15minutes. Finally at 7am I carried him to his bed, and went to bed myself....informing Ryan that any noise, cry, or movement was on his clock I need sleep! And of course 15minutes later we hear Caleb at it again. The good news is that was his finally episode, he then did go to sleep. And so far he seems much better. Lets just hope and pray it isn't' Abby's turn tonight. Why can't kids be sick during the day???

No comments: