Thursday, March 09, 2006

The Bad news or the Bad news?

Have you noticed I have not been bloggin up to speed these past weeks? There is a reason for that, yes life is busy and the kids are a wee bit sick but the truth of the matter is ARE COMPUTER REBELLED. I have been bugging Ryan over the past three months "we need to get the computer looked at, we need to get the computer looked at" basically I was a broken record. It had been doing some weird things. Finally Ry takes it in to have the computer dude check it out. It was gone for two days which was extremely hard for me. I slipped into email withdrawal finger cramping from lack of typing, vision blurred from missing out on my daily dosage of computer screen rays, friends phoning (the phone who uses a phone?) to check in on me it has been a hard week. After computer dude #1 not being able to figure out the problem computer dude #2 solved the puzzle. The problem was our hard drive it died. So there is the bad news. Now here is the BAD NEWS, our computer is back with new hard drive installed and working wonderfully and all of the sudden I am realizing I have lost EVERYTHING. All my planning for my preschool class that I teach, all my sunday school info for the preschool department I coordinate, all my email contacts BUT the absolute worst thing is ALL my pictures and videos from the past year. *%#@* I am bloggin about and realizing we have no proof of Abby's existence, no visual aid on Josh's appearance at the age of 5, and poor Caleb will never be able to look back at his wonderful year of 3. Ya I am being a bit dramatic it is for effect do you feel my pain yet? Ryan is taking our rebellious hard drive to the computer dude #2 so lets PRAY that he is able to retrieve all of our photos and video's of the past year. And from now on the douglas family will back up there files....I promise.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOODNESS! THATS HORRIBLE....i think we better back up all our stuff this weekend.

We'll be praying for the computer's recovery.

Love Carissa