Sunday, May 07, 2006

Shop, Drop and Snore!

This weekend was a Mommy retreat! Me and my Sis were given a weekend away from a dear loving husbands. And it was such a treat. We headed down to Seattle (we were dropping my parents off at the airport) early early early Saturday morning. We headed for a place called North Bend...to most peolple reading a map is a easy task but for some reason for the two of us it was a challenge actually we were really good at reading the map it was the watching for signs we weren't so good at. We toured Seattle for well we won't disclose the time it is too embarassing, but we had great attitudes and were just happy to be on a break. Once we reached North Bend we were chomping at the bit to shop, it was a great outlet mall, we had a good start to a weekend of shopping. After a few hours there we needed retreat so we headed to our hotel which was great (all done by the hubby's I think David actually gets credit here!). It was a nice place where we got to rest up for a bit then we headed over to the "super mall". I don't think "super mall" does it justice. It was a honkin huge mall, it was just stinkin huge. We shopped for a couple of hours but we were needing to drop. We went back to the hotel to enjoy the hot tub and relax. The next day we had a delicious breaky and ventured over to Chelsea Outlet in Tulalip. We loved this one too! We stayed for few hours and then completed the shopping extravaganza. Back home for our baseball game...which unfortunately our team lost. But we played together well as a team and it was a fun game it was nice and close.
Well that was our weekend. Me and my sis feel pretty lucky to have husbands who appreciate our work at home so much...we are very blessed. I must give extra props to UNCLE DAVID, he was Mr. Mom for most of the weekend and had 5 kids for lots of the time. He will now be forever referred to as Super Uncle! Abby was with her Nana, for her own retreat. I know not very many dads would do this so willingly so I feel pretty honored that I have such an amazing Husband!

2 comments:

the Buzza Family said...

SOLD, Vegas!

Seriously though, it sounds like you Keating girls would be a brutal "Amazing Race" team. :)

Tawny said...

Actually I looked at this as training for a potential amazing race team... I think I even said that as we were scouting the map out!