Monday, May 29, 2006

A Man must have his Priorities!

I have so much to blog and such little time. Today has been a quiet day but non the less extremely eventful. I will start with the scare of my life. Around 3pm today I was getting Abby up from her nap and heading downstairs to relieve the boys from their quiet time (computer and xbox) when I reached the bottom of the stairs I looked towards the front door to see a MAN standing there. I was in such shock. The good thing was I knew who the man was, the bad thing was how the heck did he get in my house. There standing in my front entrance was Matt Kennedy. I was completely shocked and speechless (which doesn't happen too often). I did not say hi, I did not say what are doing here my only question was HOW DID YOU GET IN MY HOUSE! The poor guy looked almost as shocked as me. He told me the kids let him in and when he asked them where their mommy was they informed him "she is having a quiet time" and went back to their games having Matt watch. Matt said he called for me but I did not hear a thing. Phew at least it was someone I knew hey....I hope the kids would NEVER answer the door to someone they don't know....we will be working on that! The worst part of the story is Matt came for his sunglasses that he had left at our house. Well we didn't notice the sunglasses but the kids did. I think Abby found them first and in her attempt to put them on broke them in half. I was able to return the glasses to Matt only in two pieces.....sorry Matt! Hopefully we will be able to find him a new pair!


Earlier in the day we were off to pick up Caleb from preschool. As a mom some of the best times and worst times with the kids are in the van driving. Today was a best times day! After we picked Caleb up we headed to the grocery store (where we had lots of worst times moments) on our ride there Josh was having some deep thoughts. He asked "Mom boys can't marry boys right" my reply "No they can't". "Why not?" josh asked, my reply "Well that would be kinda gross wouldn't it?" josh laughed and agreed! He then asked me "How did you decide you wanted to marry daddy?" I told him "because he was the one I loved my favorite boy." josh-"what do you love about him" I told him all the things I love about Ryan, "he is handsome, he is good at sports, he is really smart, he is kind and thoughtful, he loves going to church and most importantly he has Jesus in his heart!" The next thing that came out of Josh's mouth floored me "Well a Man has to have his priorities." I looked in the rear view mirror and I says "pardon" (in my best Champ impression) josh stated "Daddy had to have his priorities". I asked Josh "where did you hear that?" He then explained to me the reference came from a highly sophisticated show we let him watch...."Jimmy Neutron" it is a quote from Jimmy's dad "A man must have his priorities!"

I know you are all dying to know if I asked Josh if he has a favorite girl? Well you can rest easy I did and here is his reply "Hmmm well I want to marry someone I don't know, it will be a surprise."
the end!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha its funny I heard about this on your blog before I did from Matt.

The second story was quite funny- I think Josh is sad Joleen is taken.

Love Carissa