Monday, February 26, 2007

Today was more challenging then I ever dreamed it would be. I left this morning for Wee College everything was great, it was picture day I had everyone dressed great and we were on our way nice and early. On our drive into Coquitlam it began to snow, by the time we reached the hill it was completely covered in snow. We managed to avoid many minor fender benders as my stress levels rose, every muscle in my body was tight and fear was beginning to overtake my usually calm cool and collective attitude. I had two small kids with me and cars sliding everywhere. I said to the boys in the back "Oh boy this is crazy" "Oh man I am getting stressed" " Oh no I think I am going to cry". The replies from Connor and Caleb were "Oh are we going to be late" "is it my turn to play game boy""What is the problem do we have a flat tire?". I was in good company! After detouring around car pile ups I ended up on Panorama...I think that is what it is called. I was moving slowly but surely until all traffic came to a stop! This is not good for me in the van, basically we stop we don't go again. Which is exactly what happened I was stuck, any attempt I made to move resulted in me sliding all over with cars beside me and behind me. All I had left to do was abandon ship, but really where was I going to go, two kids, no cell phone and heels (it wasn't snowing when we left). I threw the hazard lights on and began to pray! Four fireman came to my rescue pushed the van up the hill and into the culdesac. A firefighter informed me that I would not make it to my destination as the roads were not safe, I should sit tight and wait for the salt trucks and head home! Hmmm ok! Well much to my surprise as I looked up I saw a beautiful lady in the window of her house...a ray of hope in my desperate attempt to make our picture day at wee college. It was our Pastors wife Susan! I ended up in their culdesac!! Thankfully she welcomed us into her home, and rounded up a ride for us. Rick better known as Ben's Grandpa came to our rescue in his truck. He picked us up drove us to the church and we made it in time for our pictures!!! What a morning! Thank you to Susan and Rick for coming to our rescue!!!

Here is a look into what my morning felt like...although it really wasn't as bad as this:)))

2 comments:

Erin said...

You poor thing! I can just imagine your stress level! I am so glad God answered your prayers, and you made it to Wee College.

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, Tawny I AM SORRY!!!
That sounds horrible.
I am so happy that is all turned out good in the end...GOD is SO GOOD!!! I am glad Connor was so helpful.