Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Mouse in the House

It started thursday morning. I came down stairs still in a fog, I stopped half way down the stairs because something dark grey and fuzzy caught my eye. I paused and thought am I seeing what I think I am seeing! I began shouting for Ryan, who was determined to ignore me and keep sleeping, but I was persistent enough, and not moving from my position of half way down the stairs. After Ryan hunted the entire main floor he was convinced I was seeing things. He even brought a toy rhino and said no this must of been what you say. I told him he was nuts and the toy rhino can not move and this thing was moving. But he would not believe me. The rest of the day went by I cleaned every cupboard, closet, corner and then some found nothing thankfully cause I don't know what I would of done! Around 3pm Eric (our room and board guy) came up and said you know I don't want to be the one to tell ya this but I am pretty sure I saw a mouse this morning. I was THRILLED! Finally someone who could verify my belief, I phoned Ryan straight away told him I was NOT crazy and he needed to take care of this or I would not be sleeping at home tonight. I was way too scared! I took the kids to ikea, then we went shopping and we managed to stay away from home from 3:30-9pm! We came home and saw the mickey mouse (tee hee mickey mouse) trap Ryan had set (Natalie is positive it works, that is his resource). This trap is a bucket with water string across the top with a pop can in the middle on the string covered in peanut butter. This just wasn't cutting it for me so I insisted ryan go and get some snap your neck kinda traps from the store. Ry finally got home around10pm, he set the traps up all around and we went to bed..I guess I didn't' follow through with my threat! The next morning (it was a restless night) we looked at all the traps nothing in the house but we did catch one in the garage. Ry reset the one in the garage and about an hour later another one was caught in the garage. I am pleased to say it has been 6 days and the traps have been up but we have caught nothing so we are hoping our problem is gone!!! That or they are not being enticed by our traps anymore? Mice aren't that smart are they?
One funny side note is on saturday I was telling my mom and dad about the all the mice we caught and told them we had caught four, all in the garage same spot too! Later when telling Ry there was another mouse in the trap which made four in total he laughed and informed me no it is the second one still I just haven't gotten it out of the trap yet...oops I had counted that stinkin thing a bunch of times....I will keep ya posted on the mouse action or lack there of!!

No comments: