Monday, February 11, 2008

Are you Smarter than a 5th Grader?

Caleb and I just had a game of "Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader?" This was one of Josh's Christmas presents this year and while we were celebrating with my family all the adults brought out this game to play together and discovered that in fact not many of us are smarter than a 5th grader. Luckily we were partnered up and my partner is definitely smarter than a 5th grader...Yeah for Ryan!
Ok so me and Caleb were playing and I went through the questions and left out all of the American Geography and History questions and some I thought he would have no clue on, we had fun. He was annoyed though that I knew most of the answers. So as we were cleaning up he came over to me and said Mom you need to ask me this question I totally know the answer and I didn't even read it. (Note: in the game you have a special viewfinder you use to read the questions and answers) So Caleb brought me the card and I put it in the viewfinder as I started to read it I could not contain myself.
Here is the question:
"After the civil war was ended, the process of bringing the Confederate states back into the union was called what?"
Now you need to picture Caleb grinning from ear to ear as I read the question just trying to hold back his answer until I finish.
His answer: "Resurrection" his says proudly and with confidence.
The answer on the card: Reconstruction
I don't know whether to be disappointed that my 5 year old is trying to cheat, or to be overjoyed that when trying to figure out the word reconstruction the first word he associates it with is resurrection????

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Cute!