Saturday, June 09, 2007

SURPRISE!

On Thursday Afternoon Ryan took us on a "family adventure" I had no clue what we were doing but he has done this from time to time so I wasn't to suspicious. We began our drive at 2:45pm off we went I was being really good not asking where we were going and just being on board with Ry's creative adventure. But once we were past Abbotsford I started to question where on earth he was taking us. I was concerned because I had a meeting that night to get to and I didn't think we were going to be venturing so far away, my hunchs were mini golf or checking out the waters in mission cause of flooding. Ryan had told me a client of his recommended doing this with our kids, so I had no idea at all. Anyhow were we now in Chilliwack driving down some country road and he goes past a house screechs to a stop as he had slightly passed the driveway as I look at the house there in the yard are four adorable golden retriever pups running about. I looked at him and screamed. See Cara Lee and David had finally found the pup of their dreams and mentioned there were two little brother pups still awaiting homes. I then started thinking wow what an opportunity someone else researched the breeder, good price, good looking dogs, and to get the sibling pup to theirs I mean really all our kids are the same age same gender wouldn't this be fitting? BUT we had not been dog talking at all, so this would be a very spontaneous purchase. Now as I am getting out of the van all these sweet little pups run to my feet and Ryan says now all we have to do is pick one. Everything was racing through my mind, I asked him "are you serious, we aren't just here to look and think about it some more?". Now I am going over all my arguments in my head thinking wow I had no idea I was so convincing, and of course realizing there is no turning back now!!! So we stayed and played with all the puppies got to see the mom and grandma and the puppies all interact. The owners have a whole whack of kids (I couldn't tell how many they kept popping up from around the farm) and we used their expertise to help choose which one ours would be. It was so hard to pick! Me and the kids were drawn to one and Ryan to another. The one Ry liked was so tubby and blonde he was so cute, me and the kids liked the smaller one who was a bit redder in color. And that is how we picked out our puppy 4-1!!


We came home and brainstormed ideas for names and it turns out our very first suggestion is the one that won out. Our puppy's name is Crosby Lu (Luongo) Douglas! He will come and live with us officially June 29th and we can't wait.

Here is our guy Crosby!



Here is a picture of Crosby (connor is holding him) and Rosie (caralee and david's puppy).




4 comments:

Caroline said...

You guys are too funny! That is cool that you'll both have a puppy that are siblings. Congratulations! I love the name!

Erin said...

Crosby is sooo cute! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Holy Cow! I had no idea you bought a puppy!!

Way to go! He's really cute.

-Carissa

Anonymous said...

We love our dog and hope you guys love yours! They're a lot of work in the puppy years but you got three kids already, so I'm sure you'll be pros :)